Thursday, July 19, 2007

speaking of shameful propaganda!?!




Absolutely the best collection of evidence exposing the blatant distortions of the ABC 9-11 docudrama.
http://www.therandirhodesshow.com/live/node/3952

Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way around to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise. "
Adolp HItler

Propaganda assails us all day long. The AM radio is dominated by extreme right wing viewpoints spewing pro-administration talking points and distortions across the dial twenty four hours a day. They also have the Fox news network along with many local stations affiliated with all the other networks, The Mooney owned Washington Times along with many other newspapers and publications. Multiple media outlets are owned in each city thanks to FCC deregulation. The other television network outlets are under the ownership of large profit centered corporations who have generated timid news crews. Courageous, independent and honest media sources are becoming harder to find in this country and those that do exist are constantly assailed.
Dissenting voices are considered wrong, portrayed as un-American, traitorous, or evil. Anyone who is not like them is not to be respected or trusted and they are routinely attacked, ridiculed and dehumanized. They advance hate for Muslims, liberals, the United Nations, any country that criticizes the neoconservative agenda and all those who fall outside their twisted moral view of society. Orwellian double speak, lies, half-truths, and distortions are their tools of choice. Anyone or group who disagrees with or contradicts the administration or its allies and benefactors are trashed mercilessly.

The neoconservatives are gifted at what I call ‘misdirection’. Just like what magicians do to distract an audience’s attention. It’s used most often when there is news or some other event they would like to draw our attention away from. Most often the device they chose is terror alerts or some threat of terrorism. They bring out some old report and present it as new, give partial information presented in the most threatening manner or completely fabricate the threat. The lapdog corporate media dutifully covers the administration tale ignoring what it was meant to hide. Sometimes the misdirection is as simple as an attack on a political enemy or policy such as gay marriage or some other conservative hot button issue.

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."
George W. Bush

In The News
Kris Kristofferson

.
I am gross and perverted.
I'm obsessed and deranged.
I have existed for years
but very little has changed.
I'm the tool of the government
and industry, too
for I am destined to rule and regulate you.
I may be vile or pernicious
but you can't look away.
I make you think I'm delicious
with the stuff that I say.
I'm the best you can get
have you guessed me yet?
I'm the slime oozing out from your TV set.
You will obey me while I lead you
through the garbage that I feed you
till the day that we don't need you.
Don't call for help
no one will heed you.
Your mind is totally controlled
and has been stuffed into my mold
and you will do as you are told
until the rights to you are sold.
Frank Zappa

No comments: