Saturday, December 27, 2008

Orwell said it.

They are ready and willing to accept something as being green one day, then believe, without a doubt, because they've been told, that same thing is orange the next day; convinced it never was green, while it has been, in fact, truly blue all along.

I thought the sentiment behind those lines were original with me. But, may be not. It may have been locked up in the deep recesses of my brain from reading '1984' in the '70s. I sure don't remember it.

Last night I listened to an old time radio version of 1984 I found on the net. Boom! There it was. He used different colors but the concept was the same.

Although, it's an easy analogy to come up with. I've heard it on progressive radio before and wondered if I might have been the source. Oh well. George Orwell deserves the ultimate credit.

I just wish we didn't have to live so much of it during these last 8 years.

It's an old recording without the best sound in the world, but, it's bearable. (almost an hour long)

1984 by George Orwell
.

No comments: